If you would like to help thank you, that’s wonderful, please read the following and select a way in which you would like to help. Please send in your contact information and we will get in touch with you. Thank you.
There are three general ways to help:
I. IN THE DAYS AND WEEKS PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERS’ DAY – “Day of Gratitude”
- Work on the printed program for the event- create, format and prepare for printing.
- Communications through social media and email
- Put up signage- banners and posters – during July.
- Contact restaurants and food establishments – ask for a food donation and order food.
- Contact area stores and business establishments – ask them to become a Sponsor of this year’s “Day of Gratitude” for the Volunteers’ Day event.
- Contact area stores and business establishments – ask them to donate a raffle item for this year’s “Day of Gratitude” for the Volunteers’ Day event.
II. HELP ON VOLUNTEERS DAY, AUGUST 17TH
- Set up the Town Picnic site on Volunteers Day.
- Provide supervision for the childrens’ activities.
- Take down, clean up and pack up in the evening at the end of the Town Picnic.
II. HELP WITH THE WAiV BUFFET LINE
- Gather and prepare supplies in the days and weeks before the Town Picnic for the WAiV buffet tables.
- Serve and maintain the buffet for the Guests of Honor and other participants.