If you would like to help thank you, that’s wonderful, please read the following and select a way in which you would like to help. Please send in your contact information and we will get in touch with you. Thank you.
There are four general ways to help:
I. HELP TO SHARE THE IDEA OF VOLUNTEERS’ DAY – “A DAY OF GRATITUDE”
- Place a lawn sign on your property during the month before Volunteers’ Day. Signs are available for free, just ask us.
- Tell your friends and neighbors about Volunteers Day; ask them if they would like to display a lawn sign.
- Share the idea with your friends in other towns. Woodstock is the only town in America that has a Volunteers’ Day – A Day of Gratitude like this which honors all current and retired volunteers in the community, but all the other volunteers in the Hudson Valley and beyond should be able to enjoy a similar experience. Encourage other towns and communities to have a Volunteers’ Day – A Day of Gratitude.
- If you know of someone in government in other towns, counties school districts, ask them to consider acknowledging the volunteers in their regions on Volunteers Day.
II. IN THE DAYS AND WEEKS PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERS’ DAY – “Day of Gratitude”
- Offer to work on the printed program for the event- create, format and prepare for printing.
- Help with Communications through social media and email
- Put up signage- banners and posters – during July.
- Contact restaurants and food establishments – ask for a food donation and order food.
- Contact area stores and business establishments – ask them to become a Sponsor of this year’s “Day of Gratitude” for the Volunteers’ Day event.
- Contact area stores and business establishments – ask them to donate a raffle item for this year’s “Day of Gratitude” for the Volunteers’ Day event.
III. HELP ON VOLUNTEERS DAY, AUGUST 21, 2021
- Set up the Town Picnic, Concert site on Volunteers Day.
- Provide supervision for the childrens’ activities.
- Take down, clean up and pack up in the evening at the end of the Town Picnic.
IV. HELP WITH THE WAiV BUFFET LINE
- Gather and prepare supplies in the days and weeks before the Town Picnic for the WAiV buffet tables.
- Serve and maintain the buffet for the Guests of Honor and other participants.
WOODSTOCK VOLUNTEERS DAY COMMITTEE — CELEBRATING SIXTEEN YEARS OF HONORING WOODSTOCK AREA VOLUNTEERS ON AUGUST 15TH. NOW WORKING TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO HONOR THE VOLUNTEERS IN THEIR LIVES TOO.